Time and time again, Ocean City comes together for a great cause that proves our community is as tight-knit as they come. Breast Cancer Awareness Month is no exception; fortunately, tons of businesses around the area plan events and go above and beyond for charity to show their support for breast cancer victims and the race to the cure.
Brews for Boobs is an inaugural string of events that aims to get the local community involved in Breast Cancer Awareness Month. New this year, Brews for Boobs holds weekly Thursday night fundraising events at local breweries in and around the area.
Upcoming for October:
- 10/9 Tall Tales in Parsonsburg, MD.
- 10/16 3rd Wave in Delmar, DE.
- 10/23 OC Brewing Company, Ocean City, MD.
- 10/30 Burley Oak, Berlin, MD.
A popular local spa called A Perfect Face is also very involved with Breast Cancer Awareness Month and has personal ties. The 17th Annual Pamper Yourself for Charity brings the community together to include their clients who are facing this difficult battle. Their mission is to continuously help to provide a way to cure breast cancer.
- Raffle tickets: $5 each or 6 for $25
- Make checks payable to American Cancer Society
- Drawing will be November 5th, 2014
- This year’s raffle includes: $100 gift card to A Perfect Face and a great selection of spa products, 2 night stay at the Holiday Inn on 17th Street, VIP passes to Trimper’s Rides, $125 gift card to Dough Roller, $100 gift card to Hoopers, $100 gift card to Park Place Jewelers, $100 gift card to Kozma Jewelers, $50 gift card to Wockenfuss, $50 to Harpoon Hanna’s, $50 gift card to Rice House, $50 to Galaxy Restaurant, $50 gift card to The Globe, apparel from Macky’s Bayside, $25 gift card to Denovo’s, a wine basket from Fresco’s, Wine from Rita’s World of Wine, Beer & Spirits, $25 gift card to Buddha’s and Beads, Mud Pie accessories, George’s Bloody Mary Mix, $25 gift card to Endless Summer Surf Shop, a pooch backpack from Paws & Claws and products by June Jacobs.
All these local businesses participate!
There are also tons of active ways (literally) to get involved in finding a cure. On October 18th, there will be an ACS Making Strides against Breast Cancer 5K Walk/Run on the boardwalk. This is a fundraiser to benefit the American Cancer Society, this is a great opportunity for everyone to walk or run to honor breast cancer survivors, remember loved ones and raise awareness. The event caters to everyone by having a competitive run and then a regular walk, the walk is free, but there is a registration fee for the run. Following the race there will be awards and refreshments at the staging area in the Inlet Lot. The route is from the pier to 15th Street and back.
On October 11th, there is the Women Supporting Women’s 13th Annual Walk for Breast Cancer Awareness in Salisbury. There is a 3 or 1 mile walk option with lunch afterwards provided by Texas Roadhouse. Walkers are encouraged to bring their canine companion and form a team to help this local support group provide free services and support to local breast cancer survivors, families and friends. The walk is at Winterplace Park in Salisbury, MD right off Route 50.
There are tons of options for you to support breast cancer awareness and we suggest you do! These events are not only for a great cause but they are some of the most fun events of the fall.